Senior Java Developer, ElectricAcceleratorOdesa
Electric Cloud, a leading DevOps optimization company, is looking for a talented and experienced software developer to join our industry leading ElectricAccelerator® team (http://electric-cloud.com/resources/whitepapers/scalable-software-build-accelerator/)
Our Electric Accelerator started with distributing make over what we now call private clouds. Reducing build times by as much as 20x, ElectricAccelerator enables private cloud computing by accurately executing parallel builds across scalable clusters of standard hardware. This is a complex product spanning technologies including parsing, network communications, file system access optimization, multi-thread processing, complex scheduling, and much more. We need you to help improve our product differentiation for the largest Enterprise customers while also extending it to new users including small companies and teams.
Electric Cloud places a high value on quality with a rigorous unit test framework, code reviews, and a continuous integration build system that helps to find problems fast. The ideal candidate for this position will think of programming as a craft, as well as a job.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering, this person will be responsible for the design and implementation of features related to test acceleration. The ideal candidate should have plenty of Java experience and knowledge of multi-threaded and/or distributed Java applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You should have at least 5 years of software development experience with a proven track record of developing and maintaining large Java applications.
- You should be comfortable using common Java testing frameworks and build tools (e.g. JUnit, ant, maven).
- A desire to dig deep into the layers of our stack. Java experience is required to be able to debug issues with our Enterprise application, which is written in Java and uses J2EE, Spring & Hibernate along with Apache and PHP.
- You should have excellent debugging and problem solving skills along with the ability to dive into and understand existing Java stack and fix such system
- Strong analytical and development skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BS degree in Computer Science is required
- Intellectual curiosity and self-motivated work style
- Intermediate English is required.
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing integrations to Public Clouds such as AWS, Azure & GCP is a big plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes is a plus
- Deep Knowledge of Junit and Testrunner is a big plu
- Experience with build systems such as Maven, ANT and Gradle
- Experience with Apache Tomcat/Jetty/MySQL
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins is a big plus.
- Financial stability and competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Modern and comfortable office facilities
- Friendly team and comfortable working environment
- Possible business trips to US