Mobile Web Developer | Junior/Middle Front-end DeveloperOdessa
About this Job
The mobile web sucks yet it now represents the majority of traffic for big online commerce brands. The Moovweb Platform fixes the mobile web and powers the fastest, smoothest sites (spend a few minutes browsing around https://pwa.www.1800flowers.com/).
By making an early bet on the mobile web, we’ve grown to the point where ⅓ of Americans visit a Moovweb-powered site every month.
This position is part of the Technical Services group, which is responsible for working directly with clients to adapt their existing desktop websites for the mobile, tablet, and app form factors.
The Mobile Web Developer rapidly builds and launches client websites across a variety of verticals and industries. Working in a small, high octane group with some of the best and most experienced web developers out there, this role requires a combination of web development, design, and time and client management skills.
- Master the features, functionality, and best practices of the Moovweb platform and web development
- Work directly with our clients to create mobile versions of their desktop websites
- Proactively manage multiple projects
- Coordinate activities with internal Engineering and Operations teams
- Actively contribute to our group knowledge base
- Great problem-solving skills
- Versed in HTML, CSS, and web standards
- Skilled at debugging web pages
- Good design sensibilities and awareness of UX best practices
Nice to have
- Linux command line
- Git or other version control
- Experience working with external clients
- Mobile web development
- iOS or Android development
- Object-oriented programming
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
Moovweb powers hundreds of mobile experiences for market leaders including United Airlines, Nordstrom, Peet’s Coffee, Pep Boys, Sur la Table, The Human Society & Z Gallerie. A passion and pride in delivering quality experience to millions of users is a must.
We offer competitive salary, equity, and other benefits including.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.