Software Development ManagerOdessa
We apply Agile software development principles and process. Software Development Manager will lead a talented team of engineers to deliver next generation of features to our e-commerce platform and back-office data warehouse.
We are a leading $300mln+ Internet Retailer using our own E-commerce Technology Platform. We use a wide range of state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies, manage large sets of data, and solve complex software engineering and business issues on daily basis. This is an exciting time to join us as we are expanding our development efforts, growing as a business, and building some very interesting e-commerce technology to power our industry-leading e-commerce and content sites. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager who will not only directly manage a technical team, but also lead process and quality improvement efforts, participate in strategic planning, and manage resources across teams. In addition to managing people, you will actively participate in design and development process, and help the team improve quality of the product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of software engineers of different levels. Evaluate performance and provide feedback.
- Work with product management and senior engineers to deliver commitments on time in a quality-driven manner.
- Coordinate development project with other teams and development managers.
- Work closely with architects and senior technical leadership to ensure that best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work.
- Be a catalyst for individual engineer’s personal and professional development and develop growth opportunities across wider organization.
- Keep constant communication and work with senior management to remove roadblocks and capture opportunities.
- Be the “go-to” person on all development, mentor more junior developers and help them learn.
- Set up priorities for different activities in a fast paced environment.
What you would need to qualify:
- Previous hands-on experience in full stack web application development, using object-oriented PHP
- Hands-on experience with relational database platforms such as SQL Server and MySQL.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of management experience, leading 5+ engineers
- Strong people and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience managing Agile teams
- Excellent knowledge of Web platforms and technologies.
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming languages
- Bias toward action
- Work in an Agile organization with experienced engineers
- Full stack of modern technologies
- Mature and motivated team
- Regular and interesting corporate events
- Free English classes
- Participation in seminars, trainings and conferences.