Voverc is the first business phone system in cloud, designed for small business that want to look like a national company in seconds, not weeks.
The company is growing fast after the recent Exit and there is an increasing demand for creative, agile and high quality work from our engineering group.
We believe in using the best technology for the task and we’re heavy users of Angular and Java. Our applications run in Docker containers. Our planning and delivery processes are agile and loosely based on Scrum.
Right now we’re improving the customer experience for first time users, we’re scaling our telephony systems to handle 100 times our current processing capacity and we’re investing in our infrastructure for improved resilience.
We are looking for a talented Principal Front End Developer to help us reimagine how business phone system looks and work.
We need an individual who shares our desire to build high quality products that put customers at the forefront of our development. As a lead member of our engineering team reporting to our CTO, you will build and improve our products, add new features, and work closely with other teams across the company to define our engineering roadmap and to understand what is most important to the customer.
You will work on:
Web dashboard: the place where Voverc users can customize their phone system without any help of a technician
Web phone: a communication and collaboration web app used by users to collaborate inside and outside their company Mobile app: mobile app to be always connected to the Voverc phone system
- You will provide engineering leadership for the international distributed front end team, and you will be a driving force behind key technology decisions that affect the entire organisation.
- You will travel in multiple countries for events, courses and to follow the international growth of the engineering team
- You will lead the architecture, design and implementation of large and very complex systems, being hands on as required. Your designs and architectures are high quality in terms of robustness, stability, scalability, simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
- You will mentor others front end developers and help them progress from a career perspective.
- You will be frequently consulted as an expert in hard technical challenges involving front end development
- You will continuously bring business context to key engineering decisions and help make the right trade-offs between the business requirements and the technical design considerations.
Development skills required
- Angular 2+
- Protractor NodeJS