Perl Developer / Odessa or RemoteOdessa, Remote
We are looking for an energetic and talented Sr. Software Engineer to join the team building the Continuous Delivery / DevOps platform that is the basis for Electric Cloud’s product offerings.
If you like the idea of working...
- In a start-up environment
- With really smart people
- To solve complicated software development problems
- For some of the largest corporations around the world
Just contact us.
- Experience building container-based applications using web services.
- Expert in one or more languages such as Groovy or Perl or Java.
- 3+ years of production Java software development experience for enterprise software and/or systems management software
- Working experience with Spring and Hibernate or any other ORM framework
- Deep knowledge of at least one scripting language, as well as willingness to learn others (Perl is ideal)
- Excellent understanding of scalability and performance for server-side code
- Strong analytical and development skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Intellectual curiosity and self-motivated work style
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment where requirements shift to meet changing business needs
Nice to have:
- Experience in both Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of Docker and Cloud Container Platforms
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such Kubernetes, and Docker Swarm.
- Financial stability and competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Modern and comfortable office facilities
- Friendly team and comfortable working environment
- Possible business trips to US
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Electric Cloud provides centralized management and visibility for the entire software delivery pipeline. We orchestrate the entire delivery pipeline using plugins that integrate with most tools and infrastructure on the planet. As Electric Cloud plugins team lead, you will be responsible for the following:
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ElectricFlow plugins delivery based on customer requirements and market demands
- Drive and deliver design, architecture and implementation of plugins
- Provide strategic direction for plugins in the ElectricFlow product and leadership to members of the plugins team
- Work with Product Management, Customers, and Electric Cloud field team to identify and capture integration requirements and use cases
- Actively stay abreast of latest technology trends and recommend best practices
At Electric Cloud, we’re blazing new trails in DevOps Release Automation and Continuous Delivery. We make it easy for teams to get started by plugging in their existing tools and processes and future-proofing their work with our flexible, scalable orchestration platform. Wherever teams are along their journey, we’re ready to help—through shared knowledge, experience, and the industry’s only unified platform for automating the biggest bottlenecks in the software delivery lifecycle.
Speeding up software delivery is hard, and we’re doing the difficult, challenging, but exciting work to make it faster, easier, and more reliable. We are a 100+ person company that believes that “software is eating the world” and that we’re uniquely positioned to help lead the transformation where, in some way, “every business is a software business.”
This is your opportunity to help developers at top-notch technology companies around the world make rapid and agile development a reality. This team-oriented environment enables you to work with other motivated, intelligent, and enthusiastic engineers to solve challenging issues. Electric Cloud places a high value on quality with a rigorous unit test framework, code reviews, and a continuous integration build system that helps to find problems fast. The ideal candidate for this position will think of programming as a craft, as well as a job.
Electric Cloud is Small enough and big enough to make a difference.
Small enough. As a 100-person company, whether you’re developing a new feature, or helping a customer, your contribution is important — starting on day one.
Big enough. We have huge customers. What you create here affects how cars are made in Korea, mobile phones in Sweden, and the most sophisticated medical devices are developed in the United States — to name a few.
Electric Cloud provides centralized management and visibility for the entire software delivery pipeline. We orchestrate the entire delivery pipeline using plugins that integrate with most tools and infrastructure on the planet.