Business Operations Data AnalystOdessa
Ecentria has a great opportunity for a Business Operations Data Analyst. This is an excellent chance to feel the heartbeat of one of the world's largest and most data-driven online retailers, and make an impact on the company success, by analyzing operational and financial performance of the company, and providing actionable suggestions.
In this role, you will utilize advanced SQL skills, and apply statistical analysis to all aspects of Ecommerce business, as well as create advanced reports and data models using MS BI stack, to provide actionable insights, and see a direct link between your work and company growth. The role will be responsible for developing operational targets, KPIs, and revenue forecasts for a variety of business units and teams. The role is highly cross-functional and will require coordination across several departments such as Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Operations, and others. This role conducts a wide range of business analysis, defines and communicates the appropriate metrics that are needed to accurately and objectively measure business performance. Role activities may include interpreting financial trends, identifying operational deviations from expected performance and reporting results to various departments within the organization. This role will challenge the candidate to understand and contribute to many facets of the company including business analytics, risk and revenue forecasting, data management, and executive reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Applying knowledge in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers. Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics.
- Performing statistical analyses on large data sets to provide actionable insights to operations and product teams.
- Analyzing current business performance and building statistical models to extrapolate current trends into forward-looking forecasts.
- Conducting analysis of design and development of business systems.
- Developing methods to analyze market trends, pricing, product offerings and customer experiences.
- Reconciling differences and inconsistencies in the financial and operational data within the various corporate systems.
- Providing leadership in the development, implementation and ongoing management of all key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting capabilities for assigned operational areas. Using insights to challenge the organization to be more efficient and cost effective.
- Running projects to implement business logic for the processes that could be automated
- Researching, analyzing, and explaining current and past activity, expected trends, and potential effect of the change made. Presenting and supporting findings and recommendations to various management levels within the organization.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in data and technology, work well independently, and be highly analytical.
- BA/BS in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, or other technical field is preferred.
- Understanding of Ecommerce, Supply Chain Management, Finance and Marketing basics.
- Experience utilizing SQL.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience solving analytical problem using statistical / quantitative approaches.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Experience with Microsoft BI tools is a plus.
- Great Agile teams full of talented developers.
- Dedicated developer environment on Linux servers and a windows workstation.
- Autonomy to pursue personal career goals and technical interests on company time.
- Managed career growth and opportunity for advancement in a transparent work environment.
- Flexible work schedule, paid time off for vacations and company holidays.